My BIG Little Life

Some may find my blog boring and somewhat mundane because it is simply a documentation of the 'happenings' in my life, which is why I call it "My Big Little Life." It's a huge and happy life to me, but my family is what makes it huge and happy. I love that friends and family read my blog, but it's certainly not an expectation. If you do read it I hope you can get a sense of how I live and what makes me happy.

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Monitor On/ Blogging in Bed

It's almost 9:00 and I'm ready for bed, I mean actual sleep. I'm so exhausted by this time of night. Thursdays are long days for me because I have both babies and the only activity we have is gymnastics at 10:30. Last Thursday Colston had a terrible tantrum right in the middle of the YMCA. Everyone saw and mothers looked at me in pity and with empathy. They knew how I felt, but with others I was surprised at the looks I got, mostly from older men, about my Dad's age who forget what it's like to have an almost three year old. Most weeks there is at least one episode when Colston hears the word No and has a melt down. It's the age, he'll grow out of it. Until then patience is absolutely necessary. But this Thursday was a good one. The babies got along nicely and when Libby came over this afternoon we all played with push toys in the driveway and enjoyed ourselves so much.
So now it's 9:00 and I'm looking at the monitor and a Colston is still awake. I've been waking him from his naps after an hour and a half because of this very reason. Tonight it doesn't seem to be helping. I just texted Kyle (who is upstairs watching tv) that he is whining. He went in there and said something that worked. Now he's laying down stroking his lovie. It'll be zzzzzzz time soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment