My BIG Little Life

Some may find my blog boring and somewhat mundane because it is simply a documentation of the 'happenings' in my life, which is why I call it "My Big Little Life." It's a huge and happy life to me, but my family is what makes it huge and happy. I love that friends and family read my blog, but it's certainly not an expectation. If you do read it I hope you can get a sense of how I live and what makes me happy.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Laine had her first Christmas! It was a wonderful several days that began with a visit from Kyle's Dad and stepmom and many of her family members. They brought the yummy food and we enjoyed a nice day. Sydney and Jason were in from California, the reason why Anne had her family here.
My parents came the following day and they watched the babies while Kyle and I went to a Panther's game. So much fun! The next day was Laine's first Christmas and C's 3rd Christmas! It was wonderful! We walked Colston and Laine down the stairs as my parents watched their expressions of awe. Colston was in shock at first. He was so sweet. He just looked at it all and didn't touch a thing at first. He's so polite without even knowing it. He got a 4 wheeler that really goes (outside) when he presses his foot on the peddle. He hasn't quite learned how to make it go, but I'm sure it'll just be a matter of days before it clicks. He got a kitchen (from Nana and Poppy), Sesame Street rain boots, a big dog pillow, books, a large dump truck, etc. Laine got her first baby doll from Nana and Poppy. She loves her so much already!
Beverly and Robert came the day they left for Savannah, (they are coming back through Charlotte tomorrow before heading back to NJ.) They brought a slew of gifts including a Big Wheels and another riding toy for outside. He was totally and completely spoiled with gifts by all his grandparents (and by us.) I think next year we will try and tame down the gift giving a little bit.... if we keep going at this pace we really won't have any room for anything else. They truly don't need lots and lots of toys, just a few nice things that they will get plenty of use out of. We are very appreciative though of everyone's generosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment