My BIG Little Life

Some may find my blog boring and somewhat mundane because it is simply a documentation of the 'happenings' in my life, which is why I call it "My Big Little Life." It's a huge and happy life to me, but my family is what makes it huge and happy. I love that friends and family read my blog, but it's certainly not an expectation. If you do read it I hope you can get a sense of how I live and what makes me happy.

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Adjusting to School...

School has started! Last week was our first week with the kids, but because I'm a K teacher I only had between 3 and 5 students each day. It's called staggered entry and it allows the students to adjust and get to know their teacher and classroom. It also allows us to assess them to see where they stand academically. Most of my students have attended preschool and only a couple have not--- unfortunately those children always start behind the eight ball. I would never recommend a child skip preschool. It's so important to prepare them for kindergarten... it's not like it used to be.
I will only be working until October 30. We have parent/teacher conferences so I will be able to talk to them about my leave then. I will hopefully have a few weeks to prepare for Colston's arrival-- unless he's early, of course. I want time to rest, relax, and wash baby clothes. :)

1 comment:

  1. You are so smart to take time off before your baby boy arrives! I was a teacher and worked right up to the day she was born! Now, I wish that I had given myself some time to enjoy being at home and nesting! I found your blog from Mollie's blog.

    ReplyDelete